Air Conditioning Tune-Up
The benefits of an air conditioning tune-up
An air conditioner’s filters, coils and fins require regular maintenance for the unit to function effectively and efficiently throughout its years of service. Many problems that arise during a heat wave can be avoided by basic, preventative maintenance. Think of your HVAC system maintenance just like you do automobile maintenance. You make sure to change the oil in your engine to prevent major maintenance issues. Your HVAC System also needs regular tune-ups to prevent issues. Here is a list of the individual operations that are performed during a Patriot Heat & Air, air conditioning tune-up.
What can I expect from my air conditioner tune-up?
This service usually lasts between 60 and 90 minutes, which is well worth the time to avoid costly breakdowns during the hottest days of the year. Neglecting necessary maintenance ensures a steady decline in air conditioning performance while energy use steadily increases.
Spring is the optimal recommended time to schedule an air conditioning tune-up and preventative maintenance. A comprehensive tune-up service is the best way to eliminate any negative effects that the wet winter may have had on your air conditioning unit.
The Energy Saver 101 infographic below, covers everything you need to know about home cooling.
- Check evaporator coil where accessible
- Check condenser fan blade for proper balance
- Complete supply duct system inspection
- Complete return duct system inspection
- Test safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect refrigerant line for cracks or leaks
- Inspect electrical system for exposed wiring
- Test blower motor amperage
- Run test on the air conditioner
- Monitor refrigerant operating pressures
- Test operating amperage of compressor
- Test amperage of condensing fan motor
- Inspect starting components and switches
- Remove and clean existing air filters
- Inspect disconnect box for proper rating
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Provide instruction on maintenance